Removing a user from a family account can only be done by an account with permission to do so, such as the Parent permissions preset. (See Permissions for more detail.) A user with this permission can remove any other user, regardless of the other user’s status.
To remove a user from a Family Account, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings, then the Family tab
- Select Family Members
- Find the member in the Family Members list
- Select the pencil and paper icon
- Select Remove From Family
- Re-Authenticate with your username and password. Once submitted, the user will be removed from the family.
Removing a user from a family does not delete the user or their data; it simply removes them from the family account. The removed user can still access their profile. The next time they log in, this user will be prompted to create their own family account or join an existing family account.
To delete a user account and its data, see How to Delete a Standard Profile.
Updated for 3.0